sábado, abril 01, 2006

Like the rivers flowing between your eyes...

( AGUARELAS DE TURNER)





Forte de Caxias, Fevereiro de 1952


Tenta ouvir, que é bem divertido…


SONG OF THE MORNING


Like the strange birds born in your mouth
like the rivers flowing between your eyes
like the esmeralds which form the wings of your shoulders
like the long branches of the sleeping tree of your arm
like the immense space where your body rests
lying on your on your own hand
like your shadow identic to the cloud
that meets the sea


Such is the presence I possess of you
in those nights when fire is set burning
in the faraway dazzling mountains
when my footsteps project me


To the highest solitary peaks
when blood sings
through the vibrant steel of my body
leading me along the the path with red flowers
which you planted

Such is my craving to find you
born in my hands
rising like the tower of a lost cathedral
wrapped in my mouth
walking with me
along the road which our feet will open triumphant.


Mário Henrique-Leiria ( Depoimentos escritos-contos,poemas e cartas de amor)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos